Below are presentations by Dr. Outevsky, click on the links below for further information about each presentation or event. Contact us for more details.
- Dance on Camera
Outevsky D. (2020 Dec. 13)
Royal Academy of Dance, online professional development workshops.
- The Intersection of Culture and Psychology in Diasporic Ballroom Pedagogy: “You Have to Hate Yourself if You Want to be Better”
Outevsky D. (2019 August 8-11) Dancing in Common, Dance Studies Association, Annual Conference. Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA.
- Conditioning Protocols Based on Injury Types in a Professional Ballet Company: A Case Study and Workshop
Outevsky D. and Berg T. (2017 Oct. 12-14)
International Association of Dance Medicine and Science Annual Meeting, Houston, Texas, USA
- Waltzing Across the Atlantic: Soviet Diaspora in Canadian Dancesport
Outevsky D. (2016, November 3-6) Beyond Authenticity and Appropriation: Bodies, Authorship and Choreographies of Transmission, CORD/SDHS joint conference, Pomona College, Pomona, CA, USA
- Embodied Memory and Kinesiology as Facilitators in Dance Teaching for the Elderly
Outevsky D. (2016 Sept. 25)
Healthy Dancer Canada annual conference, Dance Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
- Healthy Studio Environments
Outevsky D. & Hamilton N. (2016 Aug. 19-23)
Invited speaker at En Avant Teacher’s Conference, Royal Academy of Dance, Sheraton Hotel, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Choreographing Soviet Bodies: U.S.S.R. Dancers in Canadian Dancesport
Outevsky D. (2016 Jan. 22-23)
The Other ‘D’: locating ‘D’ance in Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies in Canada Symposium. University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Periodization and Metabolic Conditioning for Dancesport: Adaptations from Gymnastics, Figure Skating, and Concert Dance
Outevsky D. (2015 Oct. 9th)
Annual Meeting of the International Association of Dance Medicine and Science. Pittsburgh, USA.
- Soviet Bodies in Canadian Dancesport
Outevsky D. (2014, Oct. 30th)
Presentation at Sharing Dance Research with the Community colloquium. The Heliconian Club, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Le « Toucher » Comme Outil D’enseignement et d’Apprentissage en Danse
Outevsky D. (2011, May 23)
Presentation at the Atelier des Doctorants en Danse “Danse et Sciences”. Centre National de Danse. Lyon, France.